product description page
Mosby's Nursing Drug Cards - (Paperback)
about this item
Get a head-start to becoming a pharmacology expert! Mosby's Nursing Drug Cards, 24th Edition is the ideal, pocket-sized drug information reference with over 400 sturdy cards containing guidelines for 700+ generic and 600 brand-name drugs. Each card lists the most up-to-date nursing information, including descriptions, use(s), mechanism(s), pharmacokinetics, side/adverse effects, contraindications/precautions, interactions, dosing, and nursing management priorities. Best of all, these pre-made drug cards come ready-to-go for use in the classroom or during clinicals!
- Tall Man lettering of over 700 generic and 600 brand-name drugs provides one-stop access to the information most needed for clinical practice.
- High-alert drugs and Black Box Warnings point out these need-to-know medications.
- Portable 4x6-inch cards are smaller than most drug cards and fit easily into a pocket.
- Alphabetic organization helps you find information quickly.
- Consistent format features a drug's generic name, pronunciation, category, pregnancy category, brand name, dosage forms, use, action, pharmacokinetics, side/adverse effects, contraindications, interactions, dosage, and nursing management priorities.
- Nursing management priorities follow a nursing process format: assess, diagnose, implement, and evaluate.
- Comprehensive index contains generic and trade names, drug classes and combination products.
- Critical Thinking fill-in-the-blank card may be used on any drug to prompt students to think about the drug category, action, patient teaching, and more.
- Drug interaction information includes subheadings for drug, food, and laboratory interactions.
- Drug pronunciations are listed for each generic drug and drug category.
- Common conversion formulas are found on the inside lid of the box.
- Dosage calculation formulas are listed in the appendix.
- NEW! 20 additional drugs and drug categories have been added to this edition to reflect the most recent FDA-approved drugs.
- NEW! 100 new drug facts offer the latest information on dosage forms, new brand names, contraindications, side effects, actions, drug interactions, uses, and nursing management priorities.
- NEW! Condensed category cards feature essential information to help you find what you need fast!
- NEW! Separate coverage of the top 200 commonly used drugs gives you quick access to medications you may reference the most.