product description page
Mosby's Pocket Guide to Fetal Monitoring : A Multidisciplinary Approach (Paperback) (Lisa A. Miller)
about this item
Authored by a nurse-midwife, a perinatologist, and a nurse, Mosby's Pocket Guide to Fetal Monitoring: A Multidisciplinary Approach, 8th Editionis an evidence-based resource on fetal heart rate monitoring for all clinicians - whether nurses or physicians, students or instructors. Designed for use in the clinical environment, this pocket-sized guide prepares you for the care and management of patients anywhere electronic monitoring is employed for fetal surveillance, such as the labor and delivery suite, the fetal intensive care unit, the labor-delivery-recovery-postpartum room, the antepartum inpatient unit or ambulatory care setting. It utilizes a team approach, and is the most current source for standardized terminology, interpretation, and management.
- Pocket-sized, two-color design offers portability and easy access to information.
- Prioritization of fetal monitoring elements helps you make clinical decisions in areas such as fetal heart rate assessment, evaluation, interpretation, and action planning, all supported by evidence-based practice and literature.
- Descriptions of the relationship between various fetal heart rate patterns and fetal academia alert you to important considerations in the care of specific conditions.
- Patient safety and risk management strategies with case study illustrations and legal commentary include guidelines for providing safe and competent care.
- Coverage of innovative practices supports a culture of patient safety and improved quality outcomes in high-reliability perinatal units addressing:
- Use of a common language for fetal heart rate patterns with a common construct for interpretation
- Emergency preparedness (multidisciplinary mock emergencies, simulations, debriefing after critical events, and exemplary practice)
- Human factor issues (step-by-step process to improve communication, situational awareness, no-fault/just culture, teamwork, and collegiality)
- Selected FHR Tracings and Cases: Interpretation and Documentation appendix provides an important reference tool for all clinicians.
- Expert author team with international presence.
- NEW! Coverage of the management model in fetal medicine.
- NEW! Content on Category II tracing management prepares you to evaluate fetal status.
- NEW! Neonatal encephalopathy content keeps you in the know.
- UPDATED! Revised chapters feature the most up-to-date information.