product description page
Mosby's Textbook for Nursing Assistants (Workbook) (Paperback) (Sheila A. Sorrentino & RN Leighann N.
About this item
Master the essential skills of today's nursing assistant! Mosby's Textbook for Nursing Assistants, 9th Edition prepares you to work in long-term care, acute care, and subacute care settings. Known for its comprehensive coverage and an easy-to-read, visual approach, this book includes step-by-step instructions for over 100 nursing assistant procedures. New to this edition is a practice scenario in each chapter to help you develop problem solving and critical thinking skills, as well asFocus on Math boxes that highlight common calculations done on the job. Written by well-known educator Sheila Sorrentino and expert co-author Leighann Remmert, this market-leading text emphasizes the importance of teamwork and communication - two elements critical to being an effective nursing assistant.
- Complete coverage includes the knowledge and skills needed by the nursing assistant.
- Guidelines to over 100 procedures are divided into pre-procedure, procedure, and post-procedure sections for easier learning.
- A clear, readable writing style is supplemented with more than 1,000 full-color photographs and illustrations.
- Key terms and abbreviations are included at the beginning of each chapter, with a comprehensive glossary at the back of the book.
- Review questions in each chapter are useful in guiding your study, reviewing what you have learned, and preparing for a test or the competency evaluation.
- Video icons indicate skills for which video is provided on the free Evolve companion website or inMosby's Nursing Assistant Video Skills 4.0 (sold separately).
- Summary boxes highlight key aspects of patient care including safety and comfort, long-term care, home care, personal pride, the needs of children and older persons, cultural considerations, communication guidelines, delegated tasks, teamwork, and time management.
- Focus on PRIDEboxes highlight personal and professional responsibility, rights and respect, delegation and teamwork, and ethics and laws to help you promote pride in the person, the family, and yourself.
- The Workbook and Competency Evaluation Reviewcorresponds to chapters in the text and encourages learning with a wide variety of exercises. It also includes over 100 checklists, one for every procedure in the textbook. TheCompetency Evaluation Review includes a content review, skills evaluation review, and two practice exams to prepare students for their certification exam.Sold separately.
- Promoting Safety and Comfortboxes detail measures and cautions for providing safe, effective patient care.
- Focus on Long-Term Care and Focus on Home Careboxes highlight information vital to providing competent care in these settings.