Kris - 2 months ago, Verified purchaser
A huge disappointment. I previously had the Infant Optics monitor and decided to try something new. Within minutes of setting it up, noticed the following things:
1. Video quality is poor and not in real time. If someone walks past the camera, it looks like they are walking in short spurts, like there is some kind of delay in the system (even with monitor in the same room as the camera.) It’s actually uncomfortable to watch. This issue may only matter to you if you have a mobile child.
2. Unlike a few other monitors I’ve had, there is an obvious and annoying several 4-5 second delay in hearing your child respond to you after you’ve let go of the talk button. Basically you need to tell your child to count to 5 before responding to you, otherwise you’ll miss what they say.
3. Randomly beeps loudly for no apparent reason every few hours or so. When this has happened, nothing changed or moved, cameras or monitor.
4. Unlike other monitors I have which provide shortcuts to manually toggling between cameras with a multi camera system, this one does not have one. You have to go into the main menu, click over to camera, then click on which camera you want to view.
5. It has an option for picture in picture, put the small one does not have audio, and there does not appear to be a way to easily toggle the cameras to make the little picture “big” to hear the audio. Again, you have to go to the main menu to manually make the change.
6. I looked through the entire manual online, and there are no clear directions on shortcuts available and no directions regarding the picture in picture viewing.
Note: With all the other issues, we didn’t even bother with trying to set up internet viewing, so not sure if that works well or not.
Returning and looking into Amcrest monitor.
1 reply from Binatone team - 1 month ago
Hello Kris, I am very sorry to hear that this baby monitor didn't fit your needs. We would have loved a chance to help you. If you have any questions left or if you need assistance, please feel free to reach us via email at supportUS@motorolastore.com. And please attach your review for our reference. We will reply to you as soon as possible. Kind Regards, Isabelle & the Motorola Support Team.