product description page
Multisensor Data Fusion : From Algorithms and Architectural Design to Applications (Hardcover)
About this item
Multisensor Data Fusion: From Algorithms and Architectural Design to Applications covers the contemporary theory and practice of multisensor data fusion, from fundamental concepts to cutting-edge techniques drawn from a broad array of disciplines. Featuring contributions from the world’s leading data fusion researchers and academicians, this authoritative book:
- Presents state-of-the-art advances in the design of multisensor data fusion algorithms, addressing issues related to the nature, location, and computational ability of the sensors
- Describes new materials and achievements in optimal fusion and multisensor filters
- Discusses the advantages and challenges associated with multisensor data fusion, from extended spatial and temporal coverage to imperfection and diversity in sensor technologies
- Explores the topology, communication structure, computational resources, fusion level, goals, and optimization of multisensor data fusion system architectures
- Showcases applications of multisensor data fusion in fields such as medicine, transportation's traffic, defense, and navigation
Multisensor Data Fusion: From Algorithms and Architectural Design to Applications is a robust collection of modern multisensor data fusion methodologies. The book instills a deeper understanding of the basics of multisensor data fusion as well as a practical knowledge of the problems that can be faced during its execution.
This book provides the reader with a generic and comprehensive view of contemporary data fusion methodologies and challenges. It covers number of issues that make data fusion a challenging task, including: the nature of sensors and information sources; the location of sensors; and the computational ability at the sensors. In addition, it covers system architecture-topology, communication structure, computational resources, fusion level, goals, and optimization.