Ceiling-directed soft glow night light with gradual dimming.
Speak or sing to your little one, right through your app with two-way audio.
Bird’s-eye perspective lets you see every corner of the crib
Real-time sound and motion notifications to keep you updated.
Flexible cable management keeps cords away from curious little fingers.
Nanit Insights - sleep tracking and analysis
Dimensions (Overall): 4 inches (H) x 3.3 inches (W) x 11 inches (D)
Weight: 2 pounds
Radio Range: No radio range
Wireless Frequency/Band: 5.0 GHz
Number of Frequency Channels: 1000
Alert Type: Smartphone app notification
Alerts For: Audio detection, Motion Detection
Number of Units Supported: 1000
Communication Type: Two Way
Power Source: USB-powered
Care & Cleaning: Spot or wipe clean
Warranty: 1 year limited warranty. To obtain a copy of the manufacturer's or supplier's warranty for this item prior to purchasing the item, please call Target Guest Services at 1-800-591-3869
Item Number (DPCI): 030-04-4793
Know what' s happening in your baby's crib and when. The Nanit Plus smart baby monitor mounts overhead so you can watch over your baby's crib with high-definition audio and video. Use the built-in speaker to talk to or comfort your baby from anywhere, play soothing nature sounds, and receive alerts if the room temperature changes or your baby wakes. Includes one full year on Nanit Insights.
Terrific monitor with clear picture and sound. Very easy to use!
5 out of 5 stars
MissyI - 1 month ago
I researched a lot of monitors and landed on the Nanit Plus and love it. Highlights of why I love it below:
- I love that my husband and I can both have the app on our phones and can check on him no matter where we are. My husband was just in London and I texted him and told him to check on the monitor and he was able to watch us in real time while I was with the baby in the nursery! It's not like the old monitors where you have to be in a certain range of the camera, anyone you give access to can check on the monitor no matter their location. I love being at work and having the ability to check in on my baby whenever I want to.
- Picture quality is VERY clear. It also captures the entire crib plus the space in front of the crib where you or a caregiver stands to place the baby in bed. Nice feature so you can see how, say, a nanny is soothing your baby before putting him down.
- Night picture is VERY clear. Other monitors were very grainy. In the middle of the night it's great to take a peek via the monitor to determine if you need to get up. With a clear picture, there is no guessing.
- Sound quality is excellent. I love that I can check in on my baby at work and can clearly hear everything going on in the nursery and in the hall outside.
- I like how there is a built in sound machine. You can choose white noise, birds, waves, wind or nothing. Especially nice if you take the monitor on the go and you don't want to pack a separate sound machine.
- You can buy it with a wall mount or with a wall stand. We preferred the wall stand which just leans against the wall behind the crib because we have pictures hung up above the crib and didn't want to have to move them to accommodate the wall mount. But nice to have both options and may help solve the issue of the other reviewer who complained about not getting a great angle because of their crib headboard.
- I LOVE the travel mount that you can buy separately. You just pop off the camera and pop it on the travel mount and you can take it to a friend's house or hotel etc..
- There is a button you can push on your phone (or tablet) that speaks into the monitor. This was handy when I was outside and my niece was checking on the baby and I looked on the monitor and saw he was crying. I pushed the button to see if she had things handled or if I needed to come in to help and she was able to respond via the mic. Very handy!
All in all I am very, very pleased with my purchase and would highly recommend!
I love this monitor! So, a couple quick things - #1 - it's not cheap. But honestly it's worth every penny. Every day I wake up and look at my baby's sleep information and it shows me how long he slept and how many times he woke up and some other things. Plus seeing my baby on my phone while at work has been so helpful, even when nothing is happening. #2 - you have to screw it to the wall. Which is a bit much, but it's definitely secure that way, and seeing the crib from above is cool. No matter where he goes in his crib, I can see him. And the camera is so good, and the picture is so clear, I just am super happy with it!
I tried 3 different monitors and Nanit is by FAR the best. (I swear I'm not crazy!)
5 out of 5 stars
Donnie M - 2 months ago
When we had our baby, we registered for the Infant Optics monitor which the Internet declared the best thing ever. It was alright - definitely did the job - but the image quality wasn't that good and it just felt kind of outdated. We decided to spring for a "smart" monitor and went with the Owlet which seemed to be insanely popular. In theory I loved the idea of seeing my baby's heart beat...that lasted maybe a week. The camera quality was great and we loved having it on our phone, but we couldn't get used to putting something on our baby's foot every night, and she didn't seem to love it either. I'm not sure which one of us disliked it more lol. Anyways, we decided to return it and went back to the drawing board. After a bit of hunting we found Nanit and so far it's been pretty awesome. You can buy Nanit Breathing Wear which works with the camera (you can order it separately) and lets you see your baby's breathing. It's basically a normal swaddle with a pattern on it that the camera can track, so there's no batteries or wires that are touching your baby. We've been using it for about a month now and I'm in love. It's like everything we liked about Owlet, without everything we didn't like about Owlet.
HORRIBLE wifi conectivity. You will lose connection daily
1 out of 5 stars
anna - 4 months ago
originally posted on nanit.com
what's the point of having baby monitor if you can't use it. You will, without exaggeration, have to reconnect manually inside baby's room on a daily basis. This is annoying even if you are at home all day, but if you have a nanny and work, you won't have connection and won't be able to see your kid until you reconnect again once you are at home.
We like the camera but the insights has never been accurate. The app will say she fell asleep when she is awake still at night and will say she is asleep in the morning when she is really awake and moving all around. We can never trust the stats of her sleep totals bc it literally never works.
I can't believe no one has mentioned these obvious flaws before. The arm to be attached to the wall that holds the camera above the crib is very short and there is no extra piece to extend if you need to. If you have a crib that has a thick decorative headboard, the camera shows half of the head board and only 3/4 of the inside of the crib. They give you a ton of plastic pieces to cover the wire in place all the way around the room, but they can't give you a small piece of plastic to extend the arm a couple of inches to get a full view of the inside of the crib. They have also not accounted for houses that have baseboards and therefore you can not push the crib completely flush against the wall. Even worse than this is the plug, which has the USB port at the end so it sticks out of the wall and then when you plug it in, the wire sticks out even more. So now you can't push the crib completely against the wall to get the best view possible, and if you push the crib against the wire, it will break soon like all USB cables. This is the most expensive baby camera on the market and it has these major design flaws, this is unacceptable.
Nanit plus is our third baby monitor. We tried 2 other expensive monitors but their video quality and internet connection were so bad. I love Nanit features. Video quality is very clear, fast connection. The connection hardly broke down. Even we close the app we can still hear the sound detection.
I wanted to get this camera with my first child, but it didn't come out on time, so I got it for the second. The good: the picture quality of the camera and positioning is great, you can see the whole crib, and I like that it has a temperature and humidity gauge on it. Unfortunately, it just wasn't as good as I expected. First, the setup of the camera is a pain, the stand is huge - basically the angle is great because of the giant stand, but it's not easy to set up or move, ever. More importantly though, the software could use improvement - the analysis of when the baby is awake or asleep isn't accurate, and it seems to be on a general 5-15 minute delay... e.g the algorithm needs 5-15 mins to see the baby moving before it recognizes its awake. There's also no playback mechanism for the entire night, or a part of the night you want to see - it chooses small pieces of the night as events, which you can replay, but you can't do the whole night or at a certain timeframe you want. The software just all around needs substantial improvement, because it doesn't really show the info I needed at the end of the day.