product description page
Nanofiltration Membranes : Synthesis, Characterization, and Applications (Hardcover) (Lau Woei Jye &
About this item
Covering fabrication, characterization, and applications nanofiltration (NF) membranes, this book provides a comprehensive overview of the development of NF membrane technology over the past decade. It uniquely covers a variety of fabrication techniques, comparing the procedures of each technique to produce polymeric membranes of different morphologies. The book also discusses advances in the materials used in thin film composite (TFC) polyamide membrane fabrication and their influences on properties with respect to structural and separation characteristics. A comprehensive review on NF characterization methods and techniques is provided, assessing physical and chemical properties and separation characteristics and stability. Technical challenges in fabricating a new generation of NF membranes are also reviewed and the possible approaches to overcome the challenges are provided. The book concludes with relevant case studies on the use of NF membranes in industrial implementation of both aqueous and nonaqueous media.
- Details the latest progress on the fabrication techniques of asymmetric and composite NF membranes.
- Discusses characterization methods used in assessing membrane physical/chemical properties, separation characteristics, and performance stability.
- Describes the potential of advanced materials in improving properties of polyamide selective layer as well as microporous substrate.
- Reviews the technical challenges in fabricating a new generation of composite membrane—thin film nanocomposite (TFN) membrane—possible approaches to overcome challenges.
- Offers case studies on the applications of NF membranes for both aqueous and nonaqueous media.