About this item
- Start tumbling right away: Each kit includes nine types of rough gemstones (0.5 lb), four polishing grits, jewelry fastenings, an educational guide, and thorough instructions.
- Built to last, the Hobby Tumbler features a metal base, stainless steel lid, leak-proof rubber barrel (for quieter tumbling), two tumbling belts, and a workhorse motor with an auto-shutoff feature that stops if the barrel is loaded too full.
- Make custom jewelry out of your polished gemstones with the included settings for two pendants, a necklace, a ring, a keychain, and two pins.
- The full-color National Geographic Learning guide (written by teachers) is packed full of fascinating facts about rock tumbling, gems, and geology. And the instructions include tumbling tips from the experts.
- With National Geographic’s 2-year warranty, you can be sure you’re getting a quality product that will keep on tumbling…and tumbling…and tumbling…
Designed by professional rock-hounds especially for National Geographic, this Hobby Tumbler comes with everything you need—and more—to start polishing gemstones right away. It comes with nine types of Gemstones: Agate, Amethyst, Aventurine, Dalmatian jasper, Jasper, Red jasper, Hematite, Rose quartz, Sodalite, and Tiger’s eye. You can also tumble rocks that you find yourself! One-touch settings make this the ideal tumbler for rock-hounds of all ages and skill levels. The reinforced rubber barrel absorbs noise for a quieter rock-tumbling experience.
Includes: Instruction guide
Suggested Age: 8 Years and Up
CPSC Choking Hazard Warnings: Choking_hazard_small_parts
Grade Level: 3rd Grade
Number of Players: 1 or More Players
Educational Focus: Science
Item Number (DPCI): 086-00-3912
If the item details above aren’t accurate or complete, we want to know about it. Report incorrect product info.
In stock - free standard shipping with REDcard
Out of stock in stores near you
Loading, please wait...
WARNING: choking hazard - small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Ratings & reviews10
overall: 4.9 out of 5 stars, see all reviews
Most recent reviews
National geographic rock tumblers
5 out of 5 stars
Tammie Madill — 1 month ago
I like this national geographic rock tumbler. I watched my grandmother use a rock tumbler, so I got this one. And it's great, my grandsons were interested. So that cool all in its Selfsee moreof the reviewer's review