About this item
Publisher’s Note: Products purchased from 3rd Party sellers are not guaranteed by the Publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
How should changes in plasma creatinine be interpreted?
What is a fractional excretion, and how does measuring it help in clinical practice?
Is it helpful to diagnose a triple acid-base disturbance, or is it just a mental exercise?
Focusing on the areas that are particularly challenging for trainees, Dr. David Leehey presents 20 of the most perplexing and clinically relevant nephrology questions faced by medical students, residents, and nephrology fellows and attendings. His three decades of teaching experience provide real-world perspective on topics such as complex acid base disturbances, sodium concentration disorders, and the utility of ****** anion and osmolal gaps. This concise title is an excellent teaching and learning tool for anyone who needs expert insight on this often-difficult subspecialty of medicine.
- Provides accurate, concise answers to 20 of today’s most difficult questions in nephrology.
- Pays particular attention to the principal concepts involved with each challenging nephrology question.
- Includes questions that involve controversy in treatment, such as the use of bicarbonate to treat metabolic acidosis and phosphorus binders to treat hyperphosphatemia.
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition, which can be downloaded to your tablet and smartphone or accessed online and includes features like:
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use
Number of Pages: 165
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Author: M.D. David J. Leehey
Street Date: February 25, 2016
Item Number (DPCI): 248-13-2374
If the item details above aren’t accurate or complete, we want to know about it. Report incorrect product info.