product description page
Netter's Atlas of Neuroscience (Paperback) (David L. Felten & M. Kerry O'Banion & Ph.D. Mary Summo
About this item
- Coverage of both regional and systemic neurosciences allows you to learn structure and function in different and important contexts.
- Combines the precision and beauty of Netter and Netter-style illustrations to highlight key neuroanatomical concepts and clinical correlations.
- Reflects the current understanding of the neural components and supportive tissue, regions, and systems of the brain, spinal cord, and periphery.
- Uniquely informative drawings provide a quick and memorable overview of anatomy, function, and clinical relevance.
- Succinct and useful format utilizes tables and short text to offer easily accessible "at-a-glance" information.
- Provides an overview of the basic features of the spinal cord, brain, and peripheral nervous system, the vasculature, meninges and cerebrospinal fluid, and basic development.
- Integrates the peripheral and central aspects of the nervous system.
- Bridges neuroanatomy and neurology through the use of correlative radiographs.
- Highlights cross-sectional brain stem anatomy and side-by-side comparisons ofhorizontal sections, CTs and MRIs.
- Features video of radiograph sequences and 3D reconstructions to enhance your understanding of the nervous system.
- Student Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experienceincludes access -- on a variety of devices -- to the complete text, 14 videos, and images from the book.
- Expanded coverage of cellular and molecular neuroscience provides essential guidance on signaling, transcription factors, stem cells, evoked potentials, neuronal and glial function, and anumber of molecular breakthroughs for a better understanding of normal andpathologic conditions of the nervous system.
- Micrographs, radiologic imaging, and stained cross sections supplement illustrations for a comprehensive visual understanding.
- Increasedclinical points -- from sleep disorders and inflammation in the CNS to the biology of seizures and the mechanisms of Alzheimer's -- offer concise insights that bridge basic neuroscience and clinical application.
Number of Pages: 477
Publisher: Elsevier Science Health Science
Author: David L. Felten & M. Kerry O'Banion & Ph.D. Mary Summo Maida
Street Date: November 30, 2015
Item Number (DPCI): 248-05-0128
If the item details above aren’t accurate or complete, we want to know about it. Report incorrect product info.