product description page
Neuroendocrine Disorders in Children (Hardcover) (Mehul T. Dattani)
about this item
Impairments in the interaction between the central nervous system and the endocrine system can lead to a number of disorders in children. These include type 1 diabetes, growth disorders, adrenal thyroid and pituitary problems, Addison’s disease and Cushing syndrome, among others.
Neuroendocrine Disorders in Children provides a comprehensive examination of paediatric and adolescent disorders focusing on the basic science and its clinical relevance. Complex issues are discussed in an easy-to-follow manner and the latest developments in the area are reviewed.
This volume will become invaluable reading for paediatric endocrinologists, paediatric and adult neurologists and trainee paediatricians.
Sections in the book cover
- The GH-IGF1 axis and the brain
- The thyroid axis and the brain
- Regulation of appetite and weight
- Effects of treatment of cancer on the neuroendocrine system
- Adrenal disorders and the brain
- Neuroendocrinology and the reproductive axis
- Neurological complications of diabetes mellitus