product description page
Next Step 2016 : Advanced Medical Coding and Auditing - Pageburst on Kno Access Card (Hardcover) (Carol
about this item
Mastering advanced medical coding skills is easier with Carol J. Buck's proven, step-by-step method!The Next Step: Advanced Medical Coding and Auditing, 2016 Edition uses real-world patient cases to explain coding for services such as medical visits, diagnostic testing and interpretation, treatments, surgeries, and anesthesia. Hands-on practice with physician documentation helps you take the next step in coding proficiency. With this guide from coding author and educator Carol J. Buck, you will learn to confidently pull the right information from medical documents, select the right codes, determine the correct sequencing of those codes, and then properly audit cases.
- UNIQUE! Evaluation and Management (E/M) audit forms include clear coding instructions to help reduce errors in determining the correct level of service.
- Real-world patient cases (cleared of any patient identifiers)simulate the first year of coding on-the-job by using actual medical records.
- More than 185 full-color illustrations depict and clarify advanced coding concepts.
- From the Trenches boxes highlight the real-life experiences of professional medical coders and include photographs, quotes, practical tips, and advice.
- UPDATED content includes the latest coding information available, for accurate coding and success on the job.