product description page
Nursing Research : Methods and Critical Appraisal for Evidence-Based Practice (Paperback) (Geri
About this item
Learn to better understand and apply research to everyday practice with Nursing Research: Methods and Critical Appraisal for Evidence-Based Practice, 9th Edition. Written by an all-star team of educators and research experts, this four-time recipient of the American Journal of Nursing's Book of the Year award is the perfect resource to help ground you in the processes behind nursing research and evidence-based practice. This new ninth edition has been thoroughly updated and refocused to better match the needs of the nurse who will read and apply research rather than conduct research. This new edition also features: new research examples and vignettes; easy-to-use navigation tools; enhanced readability; expanded information on interprofessional collaboration and evidence-based practice; and well-balanced coverage of both qualitative and quantitative research methods. It's a must-have resource for both undergraduate and graduate nursing programs alike!
- Balanced but distinct coverage of both the qualitative and quantitative approaches to nursing research acquaints you with the processes behind research and evidence-based practice.
- Complete, high-quality research examples, including three sample critiques, demonstrate how to apply the principles outlined in the text to published quantitative and qualitative research studies.
- Research Vignettesintroduce you to real-world practitioners of nursing research and help bridge the gaps among clinical research, academia, and clinical practice.
- All-star group of contributors represents a widely respected team of experts in nursing research and evidence-based practice.
- Effective learning aids in every chapter include Key Terms, Learning Outcomes, Helpful Hints, Evidence-Based Practice Tips, Appraising the Evidence, Critiquing Criteria, Critique of a Research Study, Critical Thinking Decision Paths, Critical Thinking Challenges, and Key Points.
- NEW! Revised, refocused, and streamlined content throughout to better address the needs of consumers of research for evidence-based clinical practice.
- NEW! All-new research examples and Research Vignettes have been added throughout to demonstrate the most current high-quality published studies, and to exemplify the work on prominent nurse-researchers.
- NEW! Content on mixed-methods research along with secondary analysishas been added to the chapter on nonexperimental designs.
- NEW! Expanded coverage of systematic reviews and clinical practice guidelines addresses these important aspects of research.
- UNIQUE! Integration of interprofessional education concepts and activities addresses the growing interest in interprofessional education and interprofessional collaborative practice.
- NEW! Enhanced readability and navigation tools make it easier for you to lo