product description page
Nursing Today : Transition and Trends (Paperback) (R.N. JoAnn Zerwekh & Ashley Zerwekh Garneau)
About this item
A student favorite for its easy-to-read style, real-life applications, and humorous cartoons,Nursing Today: Transition and Trends, 7th Edition Revised Reprint helps you make a successful transition from student to practicing nurse. It covers the profession's leading issues and opportunities, ensuring that you graduate not only with patient care skills but with career development skills including resume writing, finding a job, and effective interviewing. Test-taking tips and strategies prepare you for the NCLEX-RN® exam, and discussions of communication and management issues prepare you to succeed in the workplace. In this edition, well-known educator JoAnn Zerwekh and coauthor Ashley Zerwekh Garneau provide the latest information on nursing issues and trends including health care reform, patient safety, collective bargaining, and emergency preparedness.
- Thorough coverage prepares you for a professional nursing career by including all of the most important issues faced by the new nurse.
- An engaging presentation features lively cartoons, chapter objectives, bibliographies, and colorful summary boxes.
- Critical Thinking boxes are located in every chapter, with relevant questions and exercises to apply what you have learned to clinical practice.
- Evidence-Based Practiceboxes focus on the research evidence that supports clinical practice.
- Real-life scenarios in each chapter illustrate and personalize the chapter topics.
- An emphasis on making the transition into the workplace is included in chapters such asNCLEX-RN® and the New Graduate, Employment Considerations: Opportunities, Resumes, and Interviewing,and Mentoring and Preceptorship.
- A companion Evolve website includes Case Studies for every chapter, test-taking strategies, a sample NCLEX® test tutorial, a sample NCLEX® exam, appendices, and resume builder templates for creating professional resumes and cover letters.
- Completely revised chapter on Mentorship, Preceptorship, and Nurse Residency Programs, complete with new relevant websites, online resources, and integrated recommendations from the 2010 Institute of Medicine.
- Completely revised chapter on NCLEX-RN® Examination and the New Graduate, complete with the 2013 NCLEX-RN® Detailed Test Plan.
- Health care reform is covered in the Economics of the Health Care Delivery Systemchapter, including the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 and the new Patient Bill of Rights as they apply to health care delivery and cost.
- Updated Health Care Organization and Patterns of Nursing Care Delivery chapter covers the results of managed care and explains the "p4p" (pay for performance)