product description page
Nutrition for Foodservice and Culinary Professionals (Hardcover) (Karen Eich Drummond)
About this item
Nutrition for Foodservice and Culinary Professionals, 9th Edition is the definitive resource that helps readers use nutritional principles to evaluate and modify menus and recipes and to respond to customers’ critical questions and dietary needs. The Ninth Edition includes a discussion of the 2015 Dietary Guidelines for Americans and key updated content. More photographs, charts, and recipes are used to effectively convey nutrition concepts and applications in a visual manner. From students in culinary arts, hospitality management, and nutrition and dietetics programs to practicing culinary and management professionals, this book will be an invaluable reference.
- Fundamentals of Nutrition and Foods: Two introductory chapters are followed by chapters on specific nutrients, vitamins, and minerals.
- Balanced Cooking and Menus: This section begins with foundations of balanced cooking, followed by recipe makeovers and balanced menus.
- Applied Nutrition: This section begins with a chapter that explains customers’ special nutrition requests and then continues with weight management and lifespan nutrition, with Hot Topic Fighting Childhood Obesity.
- Updated and revised to reflect the 2015 Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
- Improved Learning Design. Sections are now aligned to key learning objectives and tied closer to key American Culinary Federation nutrition competencies.