product description page
Occupational Therapy With Aging Adults : Promoting Quality of Life Through Collaborative Practice
About this item
Get all the information you need to successfully practice in the rapidly growing field of gerontological occupational therapy!Occupational Therapy with Aging Adults is a brand new text written by OT experts Karen Frank Barney and Margaret Perkinson that takes a unique interdisciplinary and collaborative approach in covering every aspect of geriatric occupational therapy practice. Readers will explore the entire continuum of care for the aging population along with special considerations for this rapidly growing demographic. This innovative text also covers topical issues spanning the areas of ethical approaches to treatment; nutrition and oral health concerns; pharmacological issues; low vision interventions; assistive technology supports; and more to ensure readers are well versed in every aspect of this key practice area.
- UNIQUE! Inter- and intradisciplinary approach to intervention inspires readers to work holistically and collaboratively in the manner in which they serve older adults.
- Case examples help readers learn to apply new information to actual patient situations.
- Chapter on evidence-based practice discusses how to incorporate evidence-based practice into a clinical setting.
- Chapter on ethics gives readers a deeper understanding of how to address challenging ethical dilemmas.
- UNIQUE! Chapter on vision changes among the aging patient population will inform the OT practitioner of issues facing many older adults.
- UNIQUE! Chapter on oral health will educate those practicing OT of challenges faced by older adults.