product description page
Occupational Therapy With Aging Adults : Supporting Quality of Life Through Collaborative Practice
About this item
Get all the information you need to successfully practice in the rapidly growing field of gerontological occupational therapy!Occupational Therapy with Aging Adults is a brand new text written by OT experts Karen Frank Barney and Margaret Perkinson that takes a unique interdisciplinary and collaborative approach in covering every aspect of geriatric occupational therapy practice. Readers will explore the entire continuum of care for the aging population along with special considerations for this rapidly growing demographic. This innovative text also covers topical issues spanning the areas of ethical approaches to treatment; nutrition and oral health concerns; pharmacological issues; low vision interventions; assistive technology supports; and more to ensure readers are well versed in every aspect of this key practice area.
- UNIQUE! Intraprofessional and interprofessional approach to intervention emphasizes working holistically and collaboratively in serving older adults.
- Case examples help you learn to apply new information to actual patient situations.
- Questions at the end of each chapter can be used for discussion or other learning applications.
- Chapter on evidence-based practice discusses how to incorporate evidence into the clinical setting.
- Chapter on ethics provides a deeper understanding of how to address challenging ethical dilemmas.
- UNIQUE! Chapter on the wide range of physiological changes among the aging patient population highlights related occupational performance issues.
- UNIQUE! Chapter on oral health explores the challenges faced by older adults.