About this item
Oklahoma State University was founded in 1889—18 years before statehood—as Oklahoma A&M College (OAMC), under the Morrill Land Grant Acts that allowed for the creation of land grant colleges. By midcentury, OAMC had a statewide presence with five campuses and a public educational system established to improve the lives of people in Oklahoma, the nation, and the world by adhering to its land grant mission of high-quality teaching, research, and outreach. On July 1, 1957, Oklahoma A&M College became Oklahoma State University (OSU). With more than 350 undergraduate and graduate degrees, OSU and its nine different colleges provide an unmatched diversity of academic offerings. Today, OSU has students enrolled from all 50 states and nearly 120 nations. There are more than 200,000 OSU alumni throughout the world.
Number of Pages: 127
Genre: History, Photography, Education
Series Title: Campus History
Publisher: Arcadia Pub
Author: Charles L. W. Leider
Street Date: December 5, 2016
Item Number (DPCI): 248-28-0548
If the item details above aren’t accurate or complete, we want to know about it. Report incorrect product info.