About this item
Going solo doesn’t have to be a game of trial and error. Careful planning can make it one of the most rewarding decisions of your accounting career. Now in its second edition and revised by author Brannon Poe, this book leads new solo practitioners through each stage of creating your own firm, bringing your vision to reality, and nurturing your practice to make that reality a success.
Follow each of the book’s five parts as it takes you chronologically from start to success. Each chapter is rich with strategies as well as stimulating follow-up questions that will help you define your goals and plans, drawing you to careful consideration of important factors such as:
- Creating concise mission and vision statements
- Establishing goals, standards, attitude, and skills that reflect a successful practitioner
- Anticipating financial needs
- Defining family involvement
- Shifting from employee to owner
- Understanding potential stumbling blocks
- Advancing your practice with a specialty
- Deciding whether to buy a practice
- Choosing a form of organization for your practice
- Building client relationships
- Keeping a focus on the future
- And much more!