product description page
Online Journalism Handbook : Skills to Survive and Thrive in the Digital Age - (Paperback)
about this item
The Online Journalism Handbook has established itself globally as the leading guide to the fast-moving world of digital journalism, showcasing the multiple possibilities for researching, writing and storytelling offered to journalists through new technologies.
In this new edition, Paul Bradshaw presents an engaging mix of technological expertise with real world practical guidance to illustrate how those training and working as journalists can improve the development, presentation and global reach of their story through web-based technologies.
The new edition is thoroughly revised and updated, featuring:
- a significantly expanded section on the history of online journalism business models;
- a new focus on the shift to mobile-first methods of consumption and production;
- a brand new chapter on online media law written by Professor Tim Crook of Goldsmiths, University of London, UK;
- a redeveloped section on interactivity, with an introduction to coding for journalists;
- advice on the journalistic uses of vertical video, live video, 360 and VR.
The Online Journalism Handbook is a guide for all journalism students and professional journalists, as well as being of key interest to digital media practitioners.