product description page
Ophthalmic Assistant : A Text for Allied and Associated Ophthalmic Personnel, 50th Anniversary
About this item
Now in its tenth edition, the best-selling The Ophthalmic Assistant, by Drs. Harold A. Stein, Raymond M. Stein, and Melvin I. Freeman, is your go-to resource for practical, up-to-date guidance on ocular diseases, surgical procedures, medications, and equipment, as well as paramedical procedures and office management in the ophthalmology, optometry, opticianry or eye care settings. Thoroughly updated content and more than 1,000 full-color illustrations cover all the knowledge and skills you need for your day-to-day duties as well as success on certification and recertification exams. This comprehensive text provides essential learning and practical guidance for ophthalmic assistants, technicians, medical technologists, physician assistants, and all others involved in ocular care, helping each become a valuable asset to the eye care team.
- Full-color visual guidance for identification of ophthalmic disorders, explanations of difficult concepts, and depictions of the newest equipment used in ophthalmology and optometry.
- Quick-reference appendices provide hospital/practice forms for more efficient patient record keeping, conversion tables, and numerous language translations, plus information on ocular emergencies, pharmaceuticals, and more.
- Expert ConsultT eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, videos, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- Updated throughout with the latest information on basic science, new testing procedures, new equipment, the role of the assistant in the practice, and an expanded chapter on OCT imaging.
- A new bonus color image atlas tests your clinical recognition of disease and disorders of the eye.
- Four brand-new chapters cover the latest industry advances regarding dry eye, vision function and impairment, uveitis, and surgical correction of presbyopia.