product description page
Optimize Your Strengths : Use Your Leadership Strengths to Get the Best Out of You and Your Team
about this item
Written in the style of a novel, Optimise Your Strengths really brings to life a proven, pragmatic and practical framework for leading an organisation to adopt a strengths-based culture. Including models, activities and learning summaries means that readers inspired by Joe’s quest (a leader facing both personal and professional crises at the beginning of the book) have all the tools they need to follow in his footsteps.
Written in short chapters, each sharing important parts of the Strengthscope Leadership Model and each concluding with a learning summary positioned as Joe’s learning log, the book can be read in one 45 minute session, and/or dipped in and out of, depending on the reader’s needs and style.
The book includes free access to Strengthscope360™, the authors’ online strengths assessment programme used by organisations including Facebook, Legal & General, Santander, Photobox, British Council and Pizza Express.
Key topics addressed in this title include:
- Strengths-focused versus deficit-focused leadership styles
Overcoming weaker areas and performance risks using powerful and strengths-based strategies
Growth versus fixed mindsets
- Flexible, collaborative versus hierarchical cultures
- Organic and solutions-focused versus problem-centered and process-driven cultural shifts
- Accountability, comfort zones and success
- Building agility, resilience and self confidence in the face of pressure and uncertainty
- Internal and external forces that catalyse positive outcomes
- Aligning personal values with organisational values and purpose
- Managing productive and destructive leadership habits
- Engaging stakeholders and recognising, celebrating and sustaining success.