product description page
Outcome Assessment in Advanced Practice Nursing (Paperback)
about this item
As the role of the nurse continues to expand in today’s health care environment, APRNs and DNPs are more frequently tasked with quantifying, evaluating, and improving their individual care processes, as well as demonstrating the impact of their care. Revised to provide APRN and DNP students, educators, and nursing administrators with the most up-to-date information on outcome assessment, the fourth edition of this award-winning text is still the only nursing resource to focus exclusively on outcome assessment.
Written by expert practitioners, educators, and researchers, this fourth edition continues to analyze the foundations of outcome assessment, provide guidelines for selecting assessment instruments and measuring results, discuss design and implementation challenges in outcome assessment, and provide an unequaled wellspring of information that will help nurses increase their skill level and enhance their professional practice role. Sections new to this edition focus on practice-specific quality metrics for demonstrating impact of nursing care, and provide information on a national collaborative launched specifically to showcase outcomes of nurseled initiatives as part of the Choosing Wisely Campaign.
New to the Fourth Edition:
- Expanded coverage of Doctor of Nursing Practice impact on outcomes
- Complete updates on practice-specific outcomes for all clinical areas of APRN practice, including those of nurse practitioners, clinical nurse specialists, certified registered nurse anesthetists, and certified nurse midwives
- An instructor's manual, including algorithms and teaching tools
- Examines in depth the foundations of outcome assessment
- Addresses specialty areas of practice and specialty-specific considerations for outcome evaluation
- Provides guidelines for selecting assessment instruments and measuring the results
- Describes design and implementation pitfalls
- Helps nurses increase skill level regarding evaluation of outcomes