About this item
This Norton Critical Edition includes:
- The 1674 text of Paradise Lost, with emendations and adoptions from the first edition and from the scribal manuscript. Spelling and punctuation have been modernized for student readers.
- An illuminating introduction and abundant explanatory annotations by Gordon Teskey.
- Source and background materials, including Milton's greatest prose work, Areopagitica, in its entirety and key selections from the Bible.
- Topically arranged commentaries and interpretations--seventy-eight in all, thirty-nine of them new to the Second Edition--from classic assessments to current scholarship.
- A glossary of names and suggestions for further reading.
About the Series
Read by more than 12 million students over fifty-five years, Norton Critical Editions set the standard for apparatus that is right for undergraduate readers. The three-part format--annotated text, contexts, and criticism--helps students to better understand, analyze, and appreciate the literature, while opening a wide range of teaching possibilities for instructors. Whether in print or in digital format, Norton Critical Editions provide all the resources students need.