product description page
Pearson's Comprehensive Medical Assisting : Administrative and Clinical Competencies (Hardcover) (Nina
About this item
This brand new edition, four color, complete with interactive CD, Medical Assisting book is all about Connections: Medical Assistant's connections with patients, physicians, offices and jobs.Pearson's Comprehensive Medical Assisting, 1e, is the first book to help students succeed in both the classroom and in their careers. It helps students take information from "what you need to do" to "how to do it". Strong integration of tips, hints and guidelines help students avoid common performance mishaps while peforming clinical skills and the softer skills (e.g. timeliness, presentation, interpersonal relations). Some brand new features of this edition are:
- 51 new procedures (See the list of procedures with highlighting)
- Charting Examples at the end of every appropriate procedure
- Certification Link—chart of topics covered in the chapter that will be found on the CMA and RMA examinations
- New Case Studies at the beginning of each chapter.
- Professionalism: The Workplace—provides short tips for the workplace
- Judgment Call—presents an ethical issue or dilemma and one critical thinking question
This is a perfect resourcefor Medical Assisting students or medical assistants practicing within the field.