product description page
Pearson Writer - 48 Month Access Code Card (Hardcover) (Inc. Pearson Education)
About this item
According to the Educational Policy Improvement Center, writing may be the single academic skill most closely associated with college success. To support today’s students, Pearson presents a new online and mobile solution that combines the capabilities students want with rich, curated content and state-of-the-art writing, research, and project management tools. A next-generation resource, Pearson’s Writer brings together a unique suite of functionality and instruction aimed at keeping student writing on track and improving outcomes.
What features does Writer offer?
- Writer’s Guide helps students find the answers they need quickly and reliably. When students have questions about writing, grammar or research as they work on their assignments, they can easily search Writer — in their own words, at anytime, from anywhere — and get accurate, easy-to-understand help. For each topic, students see the Core Concept, a video, text, examples, content from Purdue OWL, and can complete Quick Check quizzes to ensure understanding. Students today are “Googling” their way through writing and become overwhelmed by thousands of results and inaccurate, out-of-date content. Writer’s powerful search gets them the right answer the first time.
- My Projects allows students to keep track of writing assignments for all their courses in one place, with due dates, a progress bar that monitors where they are in the process, help at each stage, a place to manage sources, notes, and their bibliography, as well as a bibliography evaluation and tracker.
- Cite Sources provides students with tools for citing any kind of source in a variety of documentation styles including MLA, APA, and Chicago. A simple search engine helps students find sources and auto-cite and simple forms allow students to input information and the citation is created for them. Students can use the camera on their phone to scan book and journal barcodes to create citations.
- Find Sources gives access to thousands of academically credible, full-text sources that can be easily searched, viewed and cited.
- Writing Review offers students the opportunity to polish their writing by automatically assessing writing for grammar and style issues. Students paste their writing into the Review, which automatically highlights possible errors and provides students with an analysis of their writing.