product description page
Pediatric Endocrinology and Inborn Errors of Metabolism (Hardcover) (Kyriakie Sarafoglou & Georg
about this item
The acclaimed clinical guide to managing both pediatric endocrine disorders and inborn errors of metabolism
No other text so skillfully blends the disciplines of endocrinology and inborn metabolic disorders into one clinically focused, highly visual resource as Pediatric Endocrinology and Inborn Errors of Metabolism, Second Edition.
In this practical, user-friendly tutorial, a team of international contributors delivers the latest information and clinical insights clinicians need to confidently diagnose and manage pediatric patients. This full-color resource guides you through the etiology, pathophysiology, presenting signs and symptoms, diagnostic laboratory examinations, and treatments regimens of each disorder. Pediatric Endocrinology and Inborn Errors of Metabolism, Second Edition successfully balances authority and comprehensiveness with a strong clinical, practical approach that delivers an unmatched integrated discussion of the fields.
• Full-color presentation with numerous photos, illustrations, diagnostic algorithms, tables, and text boxes that summarize key concepts and assist in the decision-making process
• At-a-Glance feature beginning each disease-based chapter summarizes all the clinical information you need to differentiate between disorder sub-types in one easy-to-find place
• All-inclusive coverage encompasses the full spectrum of critical topics
• Emergency assessment and treatment chapter gives you fast, clear guidance on acute presentations of endocrine and metabolic disorders
• Chapter on newborn screening walks you through an abnormal screening result to follow-up diagnostic testing
• Complete and detailed information on all laboratory and radiographic testing used to diagnose disorders in both disciplines
If you’re in need of a clinically focused learning tool that bridges the gap between endocrinology and inborn metabolic disorders, your search ends here.