product description page
Performing Shakespeare in India : Exploring Indianness, Literatures and Cultures (Hardcover)
about this item
· This collection is unusual in that the essays are not written from a single perspective and instead cover aspects as diverse as socio-political issues, translation, performance, language and identity, literary analysis.
· The style of all the essays is jargon-free and accessible to the lay reader.
· Given the fact that the 400th anniversary of Shakespeare’s death comes up in 2016, this collection would be in the nature of both a retrospective appraisal as well as an anticipatory homage.
· Its approaches are multi-disciplinary - from socio-historical analysis, to political commentary, translation studies, literary criticism and performance studies.
· It will interest researchers interested in translation studies and performance studies, and literary critics.