product description page
Pharmacy Management Software for Pharmacy Technicians : A Worktext - by Karen Davis (Paperback)
About this item
Acquire the skills to succeed in the pharmacy, before leaving the classroom, with Pharmacy Management Software for Pharmacy Technicians, 3rd Edition. This innovative software/worktext incorporates the full version of DAA Enterprises' Visual Superscript pharmacy management software to give you hands-on training performing the day-to-day tasks of a pharmacy technician - just as you will on the job. Expanded lab content, an updated drug database, and correlation with ASHP standards provide you with a comprehensive, current product to get you practice ready Easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions guide you through essential functions in community and institutional pharmacy practice.
- UNIQUE ! Full version of DAA Enterprises' Visual Superscript pharmacy management software reflects the practice management programs you will encounter in the workforce - and enables you to work through realistic practice scenarios.
- UNIQUE! Fully functional patient record database corresponds to work text exercises to provide realistic practice:
- Adding new patients
- Determining possible adverse reactions?
- Filling and refilling prescriptions
- Examining a patient's prescription history
- Identifying potential allergic reactions to drug ingredients
- and much more
- Worktext activities and case studies walk you through essential pharmacy tasks just as you will perform them on the job.
- UNIQUE! Institutional pharmacy coverage provides additional practice in:
- Extemporaneous compounding
- Total parenteral nutrition
- IV label preparation
- Detailed screenshots, lab tips, and hints guide you through the pharmacy management software.
- Study tools on the companion Evolve website provide technical support, laboratory tips, and additional practice.
- EXPANDED! Lab content teaches concepts in isolation, and then within the continuum of practice, for full comprehension and practice readiness.
- NEW and UNIQUE!New labs provide practice preparing medications for dispensing, repackaging medications, and restocking an automated dispensing cabinet through the use of bar coding technology.
- NEW and UNIQUE!Medication Safety, HIPPA, and Interdisciplinary and Team Approach Consideration boxes support optimal, safe, effective patient care.
- NEW! Introductory content provides an overview of the skills covered and how they fit into the larger practice workflow.
- NEW and UNIQUE! Expanded activities for Community Pharmacy Practice include nonsterile compounding with formulas, prescription verification using bar code technology, risk evaluation and mitigation strategies, online adjudication, immunizations, and investigational medications.
- NEW and UN