product description page
Philosophy of the Performing Arts (MP3-CD) (David Davies)
About this item
This audiobook provides an accessible yet sophisticated introduction to the significant philosophical issues concerning the performing arts.
- Presents the significant philosophical issues concerning the performing arts in an accessible style, assuming no prior knowledge
- Provides a critical overview and a comprehensive framework for thinking about the performing arts
- Examines the assumption that classical music provides the best model for thinking about artistic performance across the performing arts
- Explores ways in which the "classical paradigm" might be extended to other musical genres, to theatre, and to dance
- Applies the thinking on performing arts to the issue of "performance art".
Genre: Performing Arts
Series Title: Foundations of the Philosophy of the Arts
Publisher: Brilliance Audio
Author: David Davies
Street Date: January 24, 2017
Item Number (DPCI): 248-39-4823