product description page
Photovoltaic Sources Modeling (Hardcover) (Giovanni Petrone & Carlos Andres Ramos-paja & Giovanni
About this item
A practical reference to support choosing, customising and handling the best PV simulation solution
This comprehensive guide surveys all available models for simulating a photovoltaic (PV) generator at different levels of granularity, from cell to system level, in uniform as well as in mismatched conditions. Providing a thorough comparison among the models, engineers have all the elements needed to choose the right PV array model for specific applications or environmental conditions matched with the model of the electronic circuit used to maximize the PV power production.
- Multiple mathematical models are given for different application requirements.
- The shading effect is taken into account to improve the model accuracy.
- Procedures for parameter identification of the PV model are analysed and compared.
- Mathematical manipulations are introduced to some models to reduce their calculation time.
- The electronic interface effect on the power chain is analysed.
- Analytical expressions are used to design and control the power converter driving the PV field.
The book is an essential reference for R&D in the PV industry; designers of power converters for PV; PV systems designers; and practicing engineers.