product description page
Physician Coding Exam Review 2016 : The Certification Step (Paperback) (Carol J. Buck & Jackie L. Grass)
about this item
Prepare to succeed on your physician coding exam with Physician Coding Exam Review 2016:The Certification Step! From leading coding author and educator Carol J. Buck, this exam review provides complete coverage of all topics included on the physician coding certification exam - including anatomy, terminology, and pathophysiology for each body system; reimbursement issues; CPT, HCPCS, and ICD-10-CM coding (with ICD-9-CM posted on Evolve companion website); and more. Four full practice exams simulate the testing experience, include answers and rationales, and provide enough practice to reassure even the most insecure exam-taker. It's the only physician coding exam review you need!
- Comprehensive review content covers everything you need to know to pass the physician coding certification exam.
- Mobile-optimized quick quizzes provide extra practice and review with 380 additional medical terminology, pathophysiology, CPT, ICD-10-CM, and HCPCS questions.
- Practice exams on the Evolve website allow you to assess strengths and weaknesses and develop a plan for focused study, including a Pre-Exam to be taken prior to studying, the same exam again as a Post-Exam to be taken after your review, and a Final Exam that simulates the experience of taking the actual physician coding exam.
- Answers and rationales to the Pre-/Post- and Final Exams are available on Evolve.
- Netter's Anatomy illustrations help you understand anatomy and how it affects coding.
- Real-world coding reports (cleared of any patient identifiers) simulate the reports that you will encounter on the job and challenge you to apply key coding principles to actual cases.
- Success Strategies section in the text guides you step-by-step through the entire exam process.
- Concise outline format helps you access information quickly and study more efficiently.
- Colorful design and illustrations make study and review easier and more engaging.
- NEW!All diagnosis coding content is updated to ICD-10-CM, preparing you with all the ICD-10-CM information you need for success on the certification exam.
- Updated content includes the latest coding information available, promoting exam success and accurate coding on the job.
- NEW!ICD-9-CM versions of Units 4-5 and the practice examinations are posted to the Evolve companion website, so that you are prepared no matter which diagnosis code set is being tested on for your specific exam.