product description page
Political Communication in Action : From Theory to Practice - by David L. Helfert (Paperback)
About this item
From developing effective messages to working with the news media, from writing speeches to tweeting, from crisis communication to the ethics of political communication, and everything in between, Political Communication in Action takes the reader step by step through the process. This approachable new text: Covers both theory and real-world practice; uses examples and case studies to illustrate key concepts; shows what aspects of the process look like when done well, and when done poorly; addresses public affairs and advocacy communication, as well as political campaigns; explores changes emerging from the 2016 elections. Uniquely, it provides a tour of the communication process as it actually works: in political campaigns, in government from City Hall to Congress and the White House, and in advocacy organizations.CONTENTS:
- Political Communication in Action.
- Defining Political Communication.
- The Tools of Political Persuasion.
- Making Political Communication Effective.
- Political Issues.
- Political Research and Communication Planning.
- Political Speeches.
- Political Advertising and Television.
- Political Communication in the Internet Age.
- Communicating Through the News Media.
- Communication in an Age of Partisanship.
- Crisis Communication.
- The Ethical Line in Political Communication.
Number of Pages: 306
Genre: Political Science
Publisher: Lynne Rienner Pub
Author: David L. Helfert
Street Date: October 31, 2017
Item Number (DPCI): 248-55-8636
If the item details above aren’t accurate or complete, we want to know about it. Report incorrect product info.