product description page
Popular Culture : A User's Guide (Paperback) (Imre Szeman & Susie O'brien)
About this item
Popular Culture: A User’s Guide, International Edition ventures beyond the history of pop culture to give readers the vocabulary and tools to address and analyze the contemporary cultural landscape that surrounds them.
- Moves beyond the history of pop culture to give students the vocabulary and tools to analyze popular culture
- suitable for the study of popular culture across a range of disciplines, from literary theory and cultural studies to philosophy and sociology
- Covers a broad range of important topics including the underlying socioeconomic structures that affect media, the politics of pop culture, the role of consumers, subcultures and countercultures, and the construction of social reality
- Examines the ways in which individuals and societies act as consumers and agents of popular culture
- Numerous learning features including case studies, real-life examples, suggested activities, boxed features, a glossary, and an instructor’s manual
Number of Pages: 366
Genre: Social Science
Publisher: John Wiley & Sons Inc
Author: Imre Szeman & Susie O'brien
Street Date: September 12, 2017
Item Number (DPCI): 248-36-0815
If the item details above aren’t accurate or complete, we want to know about it. Report incorrect product info.