product description page
Power of Unstoppable Momentum : Key Drivers to Revolutionize Your District (Paperback) (Michael Fullan &
About this item
Your school district can revolutionize its culture to improve student learning. This book details a simple but powerful school improvement plan for integrating educational technology, pedagogy, and deep learning that leads to lasting change. Included are real examples of districts, including Mooresville Graded School District—a lowly funded, 50 percent poverty school district in North Carolina—that attained pedagogically driven, technology-accelerated success.
- Study how to form a strong cultural foundation that fosters learning achievement.
- Examine why allocating human capital, social capital, and decisional capital for school improvement in the district plan is essential for sustaining learning achievement.
- Discover the new thinking and actions that must underpin the use of instructional technology in order to achieve the goal of improved education for all students.
- Study eight core lessons from Mooresville Graded School District’s (MGSD) journey that are essential for your education improvement plan.
- Survey encouraging cases of lasting, deep whole-system change from MGSD and six districts that learned from MGSD’s example and are using technology in the classroom.
Table of Contents:
About the Authors
Introduction: Unstoppable Forces
Chapter 1: Learning Is Not About the Technology
Chapter 2: Deep Learning
Chapter 3: Social Capital
Chapter 4: Human Capital
Chapter 5: Decisional Capital
Chapter 6: Lessons From MGSD
Chapter 7: Emerging Models