product description page
Practical Design and Application of Model Predictive Control : Mpc for Matlab and Simulink Users
About this item
Practical Design and Application of Model Predictive Control is a self-learning resource on how to design, tune and deploy an MPC using MATLAB® and Simulink®. This reference is one of the most detailed publications on how to design and tune MPC controllers. Examples presented range from double-Mass spring system, ship heading and speed control, robustness analysis through Monte-Carlo simulations, photovoltaic optimal control, and energy management of power-split and air-handling control. Readers will also learn how to embed the designed MPC controller in a real-time platform such as Arduino®.
The selected problems are nonlinear and challenging, and thus serve as an excellent experimental, dynamic system to show the reader the capability of MPC. The step-by-step solutions of the problems are thoroughly documented to allow the reader to easily replicate the results. Furthermore, the MATLAB® and Simulink® codes for the solutions are available for free download. Readers can connect with the authors through the dedicated website which includes additional free resources at www.practicalmpc.com.
- Illustrates how to design, tune and deploy MPC for projects in a quick manner
- Demonstrates a variety of applications that are solved using MATLAB® and Simulink®
- Bridges the gap in providing a number of realistic problems with very hands-on training
- Provides MATLAB® and Simulink® code solutions. This includes nonlinear plant models that the reader can use for other projects and research work
- Presents application problems with solutions to help reinforce the information learned