about this item
Ideal for technologists, neurology residents, and clinical neurophysiology fellows, Practical Guide for Clinical Neurophysiologic Testing: EEG, 2nd Edition, provides comprehensive, up-to-date guidance on electroencephalography technology and interpretation. From key foundational knowledge such as basic electronics and recording techniques, to new videos and new ACNS guidelines, this reference is a highly regarded go-to guide for using this essential neurodiagnostic tool to its fullest potential.
- Covers the technical aspects of electroneurodiagnosis as well as its clinical applications and diagnostic utilities for various central nervous system disorders.
- Emphasizes pattern recognition, artifact recognition, technical pitfalls, and the clinical correlates of electroencephalography, including material that assists in recognizing specific artifacts.
- Reflects the latest ACNS guidelines for EEG pattern nomenclature.
- Features an all-new chapter on long-term monitoring of acutely ill patients: Continuous Critical Care EEG (CCEEG).
- Includes a companion website featuring a question bank and approximately 60 videos on topics from artifact to seizures, including 20 new videos exploring patient behavior as it relates to EEG interpretation.
- Contains an extensive collection of EEG figures to familiarize readers with variables they’re likely to encounter.
- The ability to download the eBook on multiple devices at one time — providing a seamless reading experience online or offline
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that allow you to search within this book, or across your entire library of VitalSource eBooks
- Multiple viewing options that enable you to scale images and text to any size without losing page clarity as well as responsive design
- The ability to highlight text and add notes with one click
Number of Pages: 386
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Author: M.D. Thoru Yamada & Elizabeth Meng
Street Date: December 16, 2017
Item Number (DPCI): 248-46-6919