product description page
Practical Guide to Corporate Social Responsibility : Do the Right Thing (Paperback) (Stephen Asbury)
about this item
Corporate social responsibility (CSR) has been around as a recognised discipline for decades but how many people really understand what it's all about, and how it can benefit their business?
First published (by IOSH) in 2009, ‘Do the right thing’ is unlike any other book on this complex subject. Forget baffling jargon and complicated theory. This new edition will help the reader get to grips with improving their organisation's environmental management, sustainability, health and safety and trading ethics with straightforward guidance and tips. With new case studies, refreshed examples and exercises, readers will understand the basics, recognise the benefits and be ready to put the principles into practice.
This revised edition will help you:
- develop a clear understanding of how to combine business competitiveness with the growing demand for social responsibility
- get real world examples with case studies on a diverse range of companies and organisations
- recognise how your organisation will benefit - bottom line and branding - with a business case for every set of CSR actions
- check your understanding and stretch your working knowledge with helpful 'Test your thinking' exercises
- improve your skills at being an ‘agent for change’ within your organisation