product description page
Practical Manual of Diabetes in Pregnancy (Hardcover) (David R. Mccance & Michael Maresh & David A.
About this item
The revised and updated second edition of a multidisciplinary, evidence-based clinical guide for the care of pregnant women with diabetes
The second edition of A Practical Manual of Diabetes in Pregnancy offers a wealth of new evidence, new material, new technologies, and the most current approaches to care. With contributions from a team of international experts, the manual is highly accessible and comprehensive in scope. It covers topics ranging from preconception to postnatal care, details the risks associated with diabetic pregnancy, and the long-term implications for the mother and baby. The text also explores recent controversies and examines thorny political pressures.
The manual’s treatment recommendations are based on the latest research to ensure pregnant women with diabetes receive the best possible care. The text takes a multi-disciplinary approach that reflects best practice in the treatment of diabetes in pregnancy. The revised second edition includes:
- New chapters on the very latest topics of interest
- Contributions from an international team of noted experts
- Practical, state-of-the-art text that has been fully revised with the latest in clinical guidance
- Easy-to-read, accessible format in two-color text design
- Illustrative case histories, practice points, and summary boxes, future directions, as well as pitfalls and what to avoid boxes
- Multiple choice questions with answers in each chapter
Comprehensive and practical, the text is ideal for use in clinical settings for reference by all members of the multi-disciplinary team who care for pregnant women with diabetes. The manual is also designed for learning and review purposes by trainees in endocrinology, diabetes, and obstetrics.