product description page
Practical Recording Techniques : The Step-by-Step Approach to Professional Audio Recording (Paperback)
About this item
Practical Recording Techniques covers all aspects of recording, perfect for beginning and intermediate recording engineers, producers, musicians, and audio enthusiasts. Filled with tips and shortcuts, it is a hands-on, practical guide gives advice on equipping a home studio (whether low-budget or advanced), suggestions for set-up, acoustics, effects, choosing mics and monitor speakers, and preventing hum. This best-selling guide also instructs how to mike instruments and vocals, judge recordings and improve them, work with MIDI and loops, do mastering, and put your music on the web.
The seventh edition covers all aspects of recording, perfect for beginning and intermediate students, recording engineers, producers, musicians, and audio enthusiasts and features updated coverage of recording equipment, software, recording techniques, and website links. The revision also features expanded sections on iOS recording systems and digital console recording facilities.
New in the seventh edition:
- Complete update of all types of recording equipment, plug-ins, and recording software
- New chapters on DAW signal flow, psychoacoustics, and DAW operation during recording and mixdown
- Updated tips on optimizing your computer for multitrack recording – for both Windows and Mac
- New sections on streaming audio, mobile-device recording, and live recording with digital consoles
- Updated companion website with audio examples and suggested activities, plus dozens of links to the best sites for videos, recording techniques, and equipment