product description page
Practical Thoracic Pathology : Diseases of the Lung, Heart & Thymus (Hardcover) (Allen P. Burke)
about this item
Extensively revised and expanded, Practical Thoracic Pathology: Diseases of the Lung, Heart, and Thymus (formerly Practical Cardiovascular Pathology) is a superbly illustrated, one-volume reference to pathology of the thorax. More than 1,000 full-color illustrations, tables, and “practical points” boxes help you arrive at a diagnosis accurately and efficiently. Ideal for both pathology residents and practicing surgical pathologists, this in-depth resource focuses on illustrated practical diagnosis, including differential diagnosis.
- New globally-recognized editors and contributors share their expertise in every area of thoracic pathology.
- The significantly revised cardiac section has been reorganized and rewritten to reflect current treatments and terminology, while retaining its practical approach emphasizing clinical and pathologic correlation.
- Objective coverage includes updated classifications of interstitial lung disease, vascular lung disease, transplant rejection, autoimmune diseases, and carcinomas of the lung, as well as non-epithelial tumors.
- Up-to-date information on the genetics of lung cancer, with a focus on current guidelines for genetic testing and what likely lies ahead.
- Superb coverage of imaging in interstitial lung disease, including explanations of radiologic findings that correlate with pathologic diagnosis.
- Highly useful for residents, community pathologists, forensic pathologists, and academic pathologists, as well as subspecialty pathologists.
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use