product description page
Practicing Organization Development : Leading Transformation and Change (Revised / Updated) (Hardcover)
about this item
Updated to include transformational change, positive, and strengths-based philosophies, methods, concepts, models and approaches. Mapping closely to the direction of both the study and practice of OD, this new edition overhauls existing chapters and adds new ones to meet the needs of scholars (theories) and practitioners (practice) who seek to:
- understand classic and new theories and practices for transformational change.
- examine diversity and inclusive whole systems dynamics in greater depth.
- identify contemporary themes in OD, transformation and change, such as examining current issues through a positive organizational scholarship lens, understanding sustainability, and leveraging technology especially social media.
- bring OD approaches into leading, managing, consulting, and coaching, while increasing sensitivity to transformation and positive change, and their aptitude in facilitating generative learning exchanges around such topics.
- elevate and extend their research agendas into new theories and models for impacting positive change.
- influence general audiences (organizational stakeholders) who are eager to learn from individuals, groups, and organizations that model how the human side of organizations can influence performance. The new edition will expand to management and leadership side for those who want to impact the organization’s performance through its stakeholders that would include organizational leaders and academics who wish to stay on the cutting edge of the OD, transformation, and change disciplines and professions
Edition: Revised / Updated
Number of Pages: 480
Genre: Business + Money Management
Publisher: John Wiley & Sons Inc
Street Date: October 26, 2015
Item Number (DPCI): 248-04-5795