product description page
Practitioner Enquiry : Professional Development With Impact for Teachers, Schools and Systems
About this item
Practitioner Enquiry: Professional Development with Impact for Teachers, Schools and Systems offers an accessible, step-by-step guide to practitioner enquiry, describing what practitioner enquiry is, what its adoption in schools entails, and what research and experience says about its benefits and possible pitfalls. Written by an experienced Headteacher who has worked with many schools to support their own engagement with practitioner enquiry, and who has been using the approach himself for over eight years, the chapters examine all aspects of its theory, practice and engagement.
The book includes a variety of case studies to explore the effect of practitioner enquiry across a range of settings, and to show how you can bring about deep, sustainable and embedded change that has positive impacts for all learners. Chapters cover:
- how you can create the conditions for succeeding with practitioner enquiry
- the process of enquiring into your practice
- the role of school leaders and teachers in successful enquiry processes
- the benefits you may expect from such enquiry
- case studies from a number of different contexts, showing enquiry in action
- examples of research posters produced by teachers involved in enquiry.
Practitioner Enquiry serves as a much-needed injection of up-to-date research into the field, combining theory and practice in an engaging and comprehensive style. It will be key reading for teachers and school leaders in both primary and secondary sectors.