product description page
Pregnancy for Dummies : Australia and New Zealand Edition (Paperback) (Jane Palmer & Joanne Stone & M.D.
about this item
This updated and expanded third edition of Pregnancy ForDummies offers mothers-to-be practical advice and expert guidance on every stage of their pregnancy — and beyond!
Understand what's happening with your baby and your body, and be guided through what to expect from labour, birth and becoming a new parent.
- Follow your baby's development — understand the changes you and your baby go through during all three trimesters
- Research your birth options — make informed choices that best suit your needs
- Care for your baby before birth — eat well and keep active during pregnancy
- Prepare for the birth of your baby — know what happens before, during and after labour
- Look after your newborn — find advice on breastfeeding and bringing your baby home
- Keep up with current issues —identify issues facing mothers today, such as returning to work or having children later in life
- Get expert advice on special situations — meet the challenges of multiple births, problems during pregnancy or miscarriage
Open the book and find:
- Ways to increase your chances of getting pregnant
- Clear illustrations of how the body changes during pregnancy
- Advice for managing pre-existing conditions during pregnancy
- Discussion about complementary and alternative therapies
- Simple explanations of your birth options
- Information about parental leave entitlements
- Websites to access further support