product description page
Prevention of Crime (Paperback) (Delbert Elliott & Abigail Fagan)
About this item
This textbook provides a unique and comprehensive overview of effective crime prevention programs, strategies and policies, demonstrating how criminological theories, research, and practice are interrelated.
- This textbook offers the most cutting-edge, comprehensive summaries of effective interventions based on the latest research, by the foremost scholars on the topic of crime prevention in the U.S
- The book’s unique practical information and discussions on how to effectively replicate prevention strategies in communities and criminal-justice settings is highly relevant to students, providing them with the latest research in this area
- Coverage of multiple theories of crime includes the more recent public-health and life-course developmental perspectives
- Provides a comprehensive review of the increasing number of effective crime prevention interventions and the practicalities of ensuring that these programs, practices and policies are effectively implemented, both in the U.S and in other countries
- Presents the most cutting-edge current and optimistic view regarding crime prevention: that it is possible to effectively reduce crime but that efforts need to start early in communities and continue through the life-course
Number of Pages: 423
Genre: Social Science
Publisher: John Wiley & Sons Inc
Author: Delbert Elliott & Abigail Fagan
Street Date: March 20, 2017
Item Number (DPCI): 248-28-5845
If the item details above aren’t accurate or complete, we want to know about it. Report incorrect product info.