product description page
Principles of Fermentation Technology (Paperback) (Peter F Stanbury)
about this item
Principles of Fermentation Technology, Third Edition is a complete, accurate, and accessible book on the subject of fermentation and bioprocess technology. It covers a wide variety of topics, including sterilization, media development, monitoring and control, aeration and agitation, fermenter vessels and design, downstream processing, and economics.
As the most comprehensive and up-to-date reference available on the topic, it is ideally suited for newcomers to the industry, providing essential, fundamental information on fermentation from a methodical and logical viewpoint. The authors recount their collective experience, collating all the fermentation facts the reader will need into one concise reference. The text is ideal for both fermentation scientists and students alike.
- Features the most complete and accurate information about fermentation and bioprocess technology
- Expands coverage to plant design and environmental topics
- Includes new chapters on both enzyme and solid-state fermentation
- Includes discussions of SCADA, DELTAV, and MFCS
- Serves as an ideal reference for fermentation scientists and students