product description page
Pro SQL Server Relational Database Design and Implementation (Paperback) (Louis Davidson & Jessica Moss)
about this item
Design using new features like in-memory online transaction processing, temporal data storage, row-level security, durability enhancements, and other design-related features that are new or changed in SQL Server 2016. Learn effective and scalable database design techniques in a SQL Server 2016 and higher.
Pro SQL Server Relational Database Design and Implementation covers everything from design logic that business users will understand, all the way to the physical implementation of design in a SQL Server database. Grounded in best practices and a solid understanding of the underlying theory, Louis Davidson shows how to “get it right” in SQL Server database design and lay a solid groundwork for the future use of valuable business data.
Pro SQL Server Relational Database Design and Implementation goes beyond the disk-based design techniques of the past. The book now covers design around solid-state storage as well as data that is constantly held in memory and never written to disk at all except as a backup. Attention is also given toward hybrid cloud and on-premise database configurations, as well the move toward preconfigured appliances. Pro SQL Server Relational Database Design and Implementation guides in the understanding of these massive changes and in their application toward sound database design.
- Gives a solid foundation in best practices and relational theory
- Covers the latest implementation features in SQL Server 2016
- Helps you master in-memory OLTP and use it effectively
- Takes you from conceptual design to an effective, physical implementation
What You Will Learn
- Develop conceptual models of client data using interviews and client documentation
- Recognize and apply common database design patterns
- Normalize data models to enhance scalability and the long term use of valuable data
- Translate conceptual models into high–performing SQL Server databases
- Secure and protect data integrity as part of meeting regulatory requirements
- Create effective indexing to speed query performance
Who This Book Is For
Pro SQL Server Relational Database Design and Implementation is for programmers and database administrators of all types who want to use SQL Server to store data. The book is especially useful to those wanting to learn the very latest design features in SQL Server 2016, features that include an improved approach to in-memory OLTP, durability enhancements, temporal data support, and more. Chapters on fundamental concepts, the language of database modeling, SQL implementation, and of course, the normalization process, lay a solid groundwork for readers who are just entering the field of database design. More advanced
Genre: Computers + Internet
Publisher: Springer Verlag
Author: Louis Davidson & Jessica Moss
Street Date: January 20, 2017
Item Number (DPCI): 248-35-3752