product description page
Progresso® Panko Crispy Bread Crumbs Plain 8 oz
about this item
Basic Preparation: 2 tbsp flour; 1/2 tsp salt; 1/4 tsp pepper; 1 egg, beaten; 1 cup Progresso plain panko bread crumbs; 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (pounded or sliced to 1/2-inch thickness); 2 tbsp oil or butter.
1. Place flour, egg and bread crumbs on separate plates.
2. Mix salt and pepper into flour.
3. Coat chicken with flour mixture, dip in egg, coat well with bread crumbs.
4. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
5. Cook chicken in oil 8-10 minutes, turning once, until thickest part is 165 degrees F and coating is golden brown. Baking Option (for fish, chicken or pork): Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray baking dish. Follow steps 1-3 above. Bake fish 15-20 minutes or until it flakes easily with fork. Bake chicken or pork 20-30 minutes, until thickest part of chicken is 165 degrees F and pork is no longer pink in center. Flavor Boost: Replace the flour and egg in step 1 with one of your favorite sauces, such as honey mustard or barbeque sauce, mixed with a little mayonnaise. Coat with bread crumbs. 4 servings.
California Proposition 65 WARNING for exposure to Bisphenol A (BPA) from canned and bottled foods and beverages:
Many food and beverage cans have linings containing bisphenol A (BPA), a chemical known to the State of California to cause harm to the female reproductive system. Jar lids and bottle caps may also contain BPA. You can be exposed to BPA when you consume foods or beverages packaged in these containers. For more information go to: www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/BPA.