product description page
Promised Land : 5 Lessons on Living for God Where Culture Is Influenced (Leader's Guide) (Hardcover)
about this item
This five-session small group Bible study, Promised Land, by noted teacher and historian, Ray Vander Laan, is volume one of the 12-part That the World May Know series.
In Promised Land, Vander Laan illustrates how God guided his people to a specific place – the Promised Land – to impact the world both in ancient times and today. Just like the time and place of our birth shapes our journey, so the land and culture of the Hebrew people shaped their story. Promised Land provides wonderful context to the stories of that time.
Filmed on location in Israel, That the World May Know is a unique video series that brings God's Word to life with astounding relevance. By weaving together the Bible's fascinating historical, cultural, religious, and geographical contexts, teacher and historian Ray Vander Laan reveals unique insights into the Scriptures' significance for modern believers.
- Focuses on passages of Scripture explored in the DVD
- Includes sidebars, maps, photos and other study tools
- Features questions that facilitate discussion and inspire personal reflection
- Include 30 personal Bible studies to help you deepen your learning experience between sessions, and turn lessons from the past into applications that impact how you live out your faith today.
These illuminating "faith lessons" afford a new understanding of the Bible that will ground your convictions and transform your life. The That the World May Know video series is ideal for use in small groups, personal and family Bible studies, and adult Sunday school. Individual believers and families will gain vital insights from long-ago times and cultures through this innovative approach to Bible study.
This Discovery Guide is designed for use with the Faith Lessons Promised Land Discovery Guide (sold separately).
- Standing at the Crossroads –Tel Gezer
- Wet Feet – Jordan River
- First Fruits – Tel Jericho
- Confronting Evil – Tel Beth Shemesh
- Iron of Culture – Tel Azekah