product description page
Promoting Health : The Primary Health Care Approach (Paperback) (Lyn Talbot & Glenda Verrinder)
About this item
Promoting Health examines the social, environmental, cultural and psychological determinants of health and illness and the role that primary health care has in addressing health inequalities and the broad range of skills that health practitioners need to address this issue.
In this new edition, the authors have uniquely utilised two fundamental tenets central to all health promotion practice and developed key features from both the World Health Organization's Ottawa Charter for Health Promotion and the International Union for Health Promotion and Education's Core Competencies for Health Promotion.
Drawing on internationally recognised health promotion frameworks, this text provides an essential toolkit for health promotion theory and practice for students across a broad range of disciplines.
- Putting the Ottawa Charter into Practice - illustrates the relevance and application of the Ottawa Charter for Health Promotion to practice
- IUHPE Core Competencies for Health Promotion - outlines the relevant core competencies and how to achieve these skills
EVOLVE RESOURCES: This new edition features student and instructor evolve resources to enhance your teaching and your student's learning. Student and Instructor Resources
- Reflective Questions at the end of each chapter
- Insights - extra questions with answers to encourage self-directed learning
- Additional Student Activities - further learning and study aids for each chapter
Instructor only Resources
- Facilitator & Lecturer Guide provides direction for learning activities to incorporate into your teaching
Visit http://evolve.elsevier.com/AU/Talbot/promotinghealth/ to find out more
- Identification of IUHPE Core Competencies For Health Promotion in all chapters
- 'More to explore' sections at the end of each chapter featuring additional readings and web links
- Updates to current policy and practice initiatives
- References embedded in each chapter to encourage readers to explore topics in more detail
- Includes eBook with print purchase on evolve